Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Remember - You are an adjective that describes your Father

S – Scripture

Mark 15 v. 21 And they compelled a passerby, Simon of Cyrene, who was coming from the country the father of Alexander and Rufus, to carry his cross.

 

O – Observation

I find it interesting to note the adjective used to describe Simon. It wasn’t what he did or how he acted, but instead it was his sons that defined him. They must have been notable, good or bad, because they were mentioned in describing who he was. Reminds me of the following Proverbs. Proverbs 15 v. 20a, “A wise son makes a Glad Father.” And Proverbs 20 v. 11, “Even a child makes himself know by his acts, whether what he does is pure and right.”

 


A – Application

How am I defining my Dad? More importantly, how am I defining my Heavenly Father?

 

P – Prayer

Jesus, Help me. Guide me to be a great adjective for you. Help me to live Proverbs 15 v. 20. Love Will.

Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment