Saturday, February 6, 2021

Hearing

Hearing

Guest Blog by Gary Riedel


S - Scripture: 

Romans 10:17KJV So than faith cometh by HEARING and HEARING by the word of God.


O - Observation: Wow! So, if we are to have faith we must HEAR the word of God! We can study the word of God by regular and daily reading as our Pastor frequently reminds us, but we must

have the Holy Spirits help in understanding the truth of the Gospel; John 14:6 “The Holy Spirit will teach you all things. That’s why worship is so critical; the songs prepare our hearts, they soften any callousness that may occur from a week in the world. Then it is so critical that we engage in HEARING a clear presentation of the Gospel! Isaiah 52:7 says how beautiful are the feet of those who preach the Gospel! FAITH comes by HEARING! And we are saved by Grace through Faith! HEARING the Word is critical!!

A - Application: 
So, when I’m reading scripture, listening to a sermon, I can’t be going through the motions, but rather I need to concentrate on HEARING and let those words go deep into my heart, so that my faith has a chance to grow strong, like a big oak tree, that will withstand the storms and wiles of Satan. And that, with God’s Spirit as my guide I might help my neighbor to HEAR!

P- Prayer: Heavenly Father, give me a heart that is open to HEARING all You desire me to treasure-up!  In Jesus Name, Amen 

Photo by Mark Paton on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment