Thursday, February 11, 2021

You never know when you need to be awake and ready

S – Scripture

Mark 14 v. 17 And he came and found them sleeping and he said to Peter, “Simon are you asleep? Could you not watch one hour?

 


O – Observation

I find it interesting on several levels how Jesus handles this situation. Again, Jesus took Peter, James and John, his inner circle and went to pray. The three of them were all sleeping, but yet he called out Peter (Simon) on this. Why? Also note, he called him by his birth name, Simon, instead of Peter , which he gave him. (See John 1 v, 42).  Note, Peter means Rock. Clearly Peter was NOT a rock at this time. I sure that’s whey he called him Simon in this instance. I’m thinking Peter was the leader of this group , which is also why he call him vs. the other two. (Even though John was the disciple he loved.)

 

A – Application

I think about the leadership roles that I have in church. I think about how Jesus said to whom much is given, much is demanded. Am I ready?

 

P – Prayer

Jesus, Help me to be ready and awake when you need me. Love Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment