Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Follow Jesus lead in your prayer life

S – Scripture

Mark 14 v. 32 And they want to a place which was called Gethsemane; and he said to his disciples, “Sit here while I pray.”

 

O – Observation

Jesus was getting ready to face the crux of his time on earth, the whole painful sacrificial reason. So what does he do? Two things. 1st) Prays – Talk to God. In the same format that we do. He didn’t transfigure like before or “Poofed up to heaven” to talk to God. Nope. He prayed. Just like you and I. 2nd) He went to a special spot. A spot where he would not be distracted. A spot that would help him to be still to pray and listen.

 

A – Application

What a great example. As I face the troubles of the world, am I following Jesus’s lead? Am I going to God
in Prayer? Do I have a special spot to Pray?

 

P – Prayer

Jesus,  Bless me. Help me to always go to you. Love Will.


No comments:

Post a Comment