Saturday, February 20, 2021

Trust

 

Trust

Guest Blog by Gary Riedel



S - SCRIPTURE:
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.




O - OBSERVATION: 
This was an early memory work assignment for me and would seem like a very logical instruction from God to us. It means trusting in God above all else; Trusting Him for provision when jobs are scarce, when weather throws a disaster at farmers, when relationships go south, when a pandemic threatens our health. It means knowing and totally trusting that God is Sovereign in all circumstances! It means we are OK not being in control. Psalm 139:15-16 tells us all we need to know about how much God knows about us before it ever happens!

A - APPLICATION: 
Wow, God, it seems like you had it all figured out all along, and all those years I wondered who I would marry (I was nearly 35 when Carol and I were married). We’ve been led by God to a church that teaches the whole truth and nothing but the truth, we’ve been blessed with family and friends that are fun to hang out with, and all these years you’ve let me grow food for a hungry world! Why on earth did I ever worry? I say those things to encourage those who are younger, who still wonder what’s next. My advice, give it to God, surrender your life to Him, He
promises to make your paths straight when you TRUST in Him!

P - PRAYER: Gracious Father, help all of us to surrender our will to Yours, help us to look for Your lead, to feel Your nudge, and then to follow You in this year of “Following Jesus” and
forevermore! In Jesus Name, Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment