Monday, August 9, 2021

Be precious to God - But take your time!!!

S - Scripture
Psalm 116 v. 15 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.



O - Observation
Dead in the Lord. Precious. Makes me think of three things One, the martyrs. Those willing to die for the name of the Lord. These are people who sacrifice it all for the glory of God. They will have a special place in heaven. Two, those who die (non martyred) in their faith. 2 Timothy 4 v. 7-8a, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith, henceforth, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness." Staying true to God, even to the end. Not losing faith, nor hope as your physical body wastes away. Being rock solid until your last breath. Precious. Third, Jesus is the Lord over Life and DEATH.  His victory over death is sure, 1 Corinthians 15 v. 55, "O Death, Where is thy victory, O Death, where is they sting?"

A - Application
Am I committed to dying in the Lord?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Let me be precious in your sight, but give me some time before you call me home.   Love Will


Image by James Chan from Pixabay 


No comments:

Post a Comment