Friday, August 20, 2021

Be smart in what you feed yourself

S - Scripture
Psalm 119 v. 103 How sweet are thy words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

O - Observation
Taste buds. We all know what we like to eat. It tastes good!!! (Smell is helpful too!) Conversely we know what tastes bitter and awful. Obviously we can't taste God's words with our tongue, but God did place in
us the Spiritual taste buds of our conscience. Webster defines conscience as "a feeling of the difference between right and wrong." Sweet or bitter, right or wrong. The words that we hear have a distinct "taste" to them. Words inspire, words move people. What we read and listen to will shape our lives. God's word, because it is based on truth and love provides the best "tasting" meal that we will ever get.
 
A - Application
What am I "feeding" myself? How does what I read, watch or listen to taste on my spiritual taste buds?

P - Prayer
Jesus, How sweet are your words!!!  Love Will

Image by Дарья Яковлева from Pixabay


1 comment:

  1. “When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, Lord God Almighty.”
    ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭15:16‬ ‭NIV‬‬
    https://jeremiah.bible/jeremiah-15-16

    ReplyDelete