Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Deal with Distress

S - Scripture
Psalm 118 v. 5 Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free.


O - Observation
Distress. We are all going to experience this as sometime in our lives. Webster defines distress as misery, suffering. There's two fundamental truths about distress. One, we will have them, and God has already dealt with it. John 16 v. 33,"I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." Two, God allows suffering for a purpose. Romans 5 v. 3 & 5, "Knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does NOT disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the holy Spirit which has been give to us. Notice the theme in all three verses today, God loves and delivers.

A - Application
How an I handling the distress in my life?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thank you for overcoming the world.    Love Will

Image by jplenio from Pixabay 

No comments:

Post a Comment