Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Be wise with what you let in


 S - Scripture
Psalm 119 v. 11 I have laid up thy word in my heart, that I might not sin against thee.

O - Observation
The door knob, the heart. The heart is what shapes or influences what a person does.  We make conscious decisions to open our hearts to things. After all, Matthew 6 v. 21, " For where your treasure is, there will be your heart." The problem is - there's a competing war for control of the door to your soul. We battle our sinful nature, fueled by the devil's encouragement. Jesus recognized this when he said in Matthew 15 v. 19, "For out of the heart comes evil thoughts, murder, adultery, fornication, theft, false witness, slander." How do we combat that? We need to see who's knocking at our Door. Revelation 3 v. 20, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in into him and eat with him and he with me."

A - Application
Whom or what am I letting in?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Come Lord Jesus, Come into my heart.  Love Will

Photo by Pawel Czerwinski on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment