Saturday, August 7, 2021

Drink from the Cup of Salvation

S - Scripture
Psalm 116 v. 13 I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord.

O - Observation
The cup. Webster defines cup as a small round container with a handle on one side that you drink from. Most of us have a favorite cup that we drink from. Usually, I think of hot chocolate or coffee when I think of cups. But there is a much better cup, more importantly better stuff in the cup. Matthew 26 v. 27-28, "And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, 'Drink of it all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."  Yes, this is the cup of salvation. The forgiveness of sins, the cleansing of our souls. Jesus knew this cup was special, had a high price. He prayed while in Gethsemane, Matthew 26 c. 39b, "My father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me, nether less, not as I will but as thou wilt."

A - Application
Am I drinking from the cup of salvation?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thank you for providing me with the cup of salvation.  Love Will


Photo by James Coleman on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment