Saturday, August 28, 2021

Proclaiming

 Proclaiming

Guest Blog by Gary Riedel

S - SCRIPTURE:
Acts 28:31 PROCLAIMING the kingdom of God and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness and without hindrance.




O - OBSERVATION: For a church who is engaged in a vision process this verse hit me in my heart. This is as our Pastor said the unfinished mission of the church. If that’s the case, shouldn’t this in some way be a part of our vision and maybe even a part of our vision statement in some way. Proclaiming His word is central to several passages of scripture that come to mind: Matthew 28:19,20, 1 Peter 2:9, Romans 10:17, 2 Corinthians 5:20, to name a few off the top of my head. All of these verses either pertain to sharing what God has put in out heart, or tell of the importance of hearing the Word of God, for without the Word, faith has no chance.

A - APPLICATION: What about me, am I doing all I can? The answer is I am not, I can rationalize that I have a full time occupation and I praise God for that and in that every day. The nature of my work gives me a unique opportunity to see God at work all around me. I always thank HIM for that, but I keep wondering can I do more. I think God has maybe given me a gift to communicate His grace and His love to people. Can I do more if I give up the farm and volunteer to do that in some way that helps His Mission? That’s actually a question for all of us to answer at some point in our life.

P - PRAYER: Lord God, set my heart at ease as I seek to follow Your lead with all I am and have. In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment