Friday, September 2, 2022

Know your position

Event: Peter Explains His Actions

S - Scripture
Acts 11 v. 17 If then God gave the same gift to them as he gave to us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could withstand God?

O - Observation
Who am I? What is my position? Peter properly identified his place in the pecking order. I am second. God is first. Perhaps today, this question is missed, since the world seems to be absorbed in self. The scientific community has raised their status to God like by preaching Darwinism, eliminating the need for a God, and pointing out their own brilliance (or lack thereof.) Stars, Hollywood and professional  sports make crazy amounts of money and people flock and study their every move, Yep, the question - who am I, seems to get lost in the shuffle of self-promotion. So if we feel compelled to boast, remember 1 Corinthians 1 v. 31, "therefore, as it is written, 'Let him who boasts, boast of the Lord.'"


A - Application
Do I know how I am? Am I second?

P - Prayer
Jesus, You are first. You are God, you are my savior.   Love Will


No comments:

Post a Comment