Friday, September 30, 2022

Combat Jealousy

Event: Paul and Barnabus In Pisidian Antioch
S - Scripture
Acts 13 v. 44-45 The next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered together to hear the word of God. But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with Jealousy, and contradicted what was spoken by Paul, and reviled him.

O - Observation
Jealousy. It’s so destructive. It’s so reflective of our sinful nature. Jealous is a symptom of ego. Why them and not me? I desire what they have, after all, I am more worthy than them. Jealousy, since it is connected to pride ties to the first thing in the list of things God hates. Proverbs 6 v, 16a, 17a, " There are six things which the Lord hates,.. Haughty eyes." Pride, Jealousy is what did in the devil. How do we combat Jealousy? 2 Peter 5 v, 5b, "Clothe yourselves, all of you with humility toward one another, for God opposes the proud, but gives grace towards the humble."

A - Application
Do I have jealousy in my own life? Am I combating it? 

P - Prayer
Jesus, Clothe me in extra layers of humility. Love Will









Image by PIRO from Pixabay 

No comments:

Post a Comment