Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Recognize what Jesus did for us

Event: Paul’s message to the people In Pisidian Antioch

S - Scripture
Acts 13 v. 36-37 For David, after he had served the counsel of God in his own generation, fell asleep, and was laid with his fathers, and saw corruption; but he whom God raised up saw no corruption.

O - Observation
Blameless. Spotless. Jesus. Jesus is the perfect sacrificial lamb. David, a man after God's heart and is viewed as the Greatest King, still had a very sin filled life; Lust, Adultery, Murder, Pride. Jesus, however was perfect. He had to be perfect so that his sacrifice (terrible pain filled death) would be of value. Jesus told us in Matthew 5 v. 17, "Think not that I have come to abolish he law and the prophets, I have come not to abolish them but to FULL FILL THEM." Only God can be perfect, can be spotless, sin free. Which is all the more amazing that he would be willing to go through what he did for you and I.

A - Application
Have I compared and contrasted my spottiness to his?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thank you for being the perfect sacrificial lamb for me. Love Will








Image by BeccaH from Pixabay 

No comments:

Post a Comment