Saturday, September 24, 2022

Trust in God - Regardless of the Situation

Event: Paul gets Shipwreck on the way to Rome
S – Scripture
Acts 27 v. 34-35 Therefore I urge you to take some food, it will give you strength, since not a hair is to perish from the head of any of you. And when he had said this he took bread and giving thanks to God in the presence of all, he broke it and began to eat.
 
O – Observation
Unwavering in the belief and trust of God's promise. Today's verse is Paul's response to the members aboard the ship to Italy. They were stuck in the middle of a horrendous storm, the ship had been battered for 14 days. Sailors were bailing off the ship. They were dumping cargo. It was pure survival mode. But, yet, Paul had been promised by an angel of God that he and the passengers would be saved. So in spite of the circumstances, Paul remained calm and trusting to the promise. There was not panic, there was no cursing to God, no why me's. Just TRUST.
 
A - Application
Am I trusting in God's promise to me regardless of my current circumstances?  
 
P – Prayer
Jesus, Give me a Rock Solid Faith.    Love Will.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment