Saturday, September 3, 2022

To Serve

 Guest Blog by Gary Riedel



S - SCRIPTURE: Matthew 20:28 Even as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and give His life as a ransom for many.

O - OBSERVATION: How different is Jesus compared to many of us; Rather than expecting to “Lord it over the people” and take  advantage of the common man, Jesus preached and by example did just the opposite. Jesus came not to be served, but to serve us all, not just through the miracles He performed, or the teaching He taught, but through His suffering and death on the cross to Redeem all of us so we could spend eternity with Him.

A - APPLICATION: So as His chosen people for a purpose 1 Peter 2:9, we are to serve others and “to show forth the praises of Him Who has called us out of darkness into His marvelous light.” So, if we are given a leadership responsibility in our community or in our church, it is not to elevate ourselves, but rather it means we have been trusted to humbly serve others in their best interest and in a God pleasing way. 30 years ago I was honored to be the National President of a prominent farm organization. After I was in office for a few months, I was asked by a news reporter how I arrived at all the decisions I had to make. I replied, I ask myself two questions;1) Is it in the best interest of those I represent? 2) Would God be pleased? I would not do anything unless I could answer both of those questions in the affirmative. That was the only way I could sleep at night. If Jesus was sent to serve, than so are we who know Him, that’s why He chose us!

P - PRAYER: Gracious Father, Give us the grace to serve others and so bring honor
and glory to Your Holy Name, In Jesus Name, Amen

Photo by Katherine Conrad on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment