Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Count others better than yourself


S – Scripture
Philippians 2 v. 3  Do nothing from selfishness or conceit, but in humility count others better than yourselves.

O – Observation
This is God’s instruction on how to be a Christian. It goes hand in glove with Jesus instruction to Love others as yourself. These instructions are COMPLETE opposite of how the World is today. Today, we glorify those that promote themselves. How can we possibly do what this verse instructs us to do? Prayer. Pray that God will give you a servant heart. Discipline. Recognize the times and practice humility.  Hmm.. Perhaps this is a form of suffering as we mentioned yesterday.

A – Application
How often am I playing the comparison game? Am I living a servant’s life? Have I put others before me?

P – Prayer
Jesus, Help me to have a Servant’s heart. Love Will



Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment