Monday, April 6, 2020

Finish the Race!!!


S - Scripture
2 Timothy 4 v.7-8 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Hence forth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which is the Lord, the righteous judge, will award me on that day, and not only to me, but also to all who have loved his appearing.

O - Observation
Stay true, stay involved, stay active until the end. What good is it to have a quick start and then not finish the race? Or run the first 24 miles of a marathon, but not finish the last 4 tenths? That is our challenge. To run the race to completion. To run in the rain, run uphill, to run when your body says "no more." That is my greatest fear and source of concern, as people get in their last part of their life stage, they become bitter and reject the Lord. Scares me. We must encourage those folks and remember it ourselves. Finish the race. Receive the Crown of Righteousness.
A - Application
Am I quitting the race of faith? Am I helping motivate others to keep running?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Give me stamina to complete the race.  Love Will.


Photo by sporlab on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment