Saturday, April 11, 2020

The two-step process for spreading the Gospel


S – Scripture
Philippians 1 v. 19  Yes, and I shall rejoice. For I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance.

O – Observation
Paul gives a two step process for spreading the Gospel to those that do not believe. It’s a lot like a plant. One plants a seed and somehow it knows to break open and start to grow. This is much like the Help of the Holy Spirit. He needs to kick start everyone’s faith. (And fertilize it for that matter.) Then much like a farmer that waters the plants for growth, we need to water the seeds of faith that has been planted with our prayers. This is life and death.

A – Application
Who am I praying for? Am I watering the seeds regularly or only on occasion?

P – Prayer
Jesus, Help me to develop my prayer life to be a constant spring of water and encouragement to those I know and love.

Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment