Monday, April 13, 2020

Suffering for Christ


Philippians 1 v. 29  For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him, but also suffer for his sake.

O – Observation
Belief. Suffering. Suffering for a cause is the most sincere sign of complete belief. How am I suffering for Christ? I’m not being persecuted, perhaps made fun of, but I haven’t been beaten or
thrown in jail. Perhaps for now, my suffering is more private. Tithing money to Lord does reduce my spendable income. I might not have as big of an account for cooler things or vacations. What about discipline? Setting aside time to be in God’s word, journaling or sending out my Deep Thoughts. These are time commitments away from other things.

A – Application
Am I really suffering for Christ? Would I be ready to suffer for him when called?

P – Prayer
Jesus, Inspire me when the time comes to suffer for  you. Love Will

Image by Nattanan Kanchanaprat from Pixabay 

No comments:

Post a Comment