Friday, May 22, 2020

Be Merciful!


S - Scripture     
Matthew   5 v. 7  Blessed are the merciful, for they shall have Mercy.

O - Observation        
Merciful. That's exactly opposite of our culture today. We like to win, and win big,  We want to crush our competition. WE are blessed to live in America and be rich (Uhhh... last I checked, college is not cheap!) It in essence is a position of power and authority, we are privileged. How we handle this status is key with the people that we interact with. Jesus gives us some great instruction. See Matthew 25 v.34-40, "I was hungry, thirsty, naked, in prison, and you took care of me. But when? When you helped the least of these you did it to me. Come inherit the Kingdom." 
    
A - Application             
Do I recognize my status? Do I recognize the opportunity to be merciful?

P - Prayer   
Jesus, Give me a mindset and a heart set to be merciful. Love

Photo by Matt Collamer on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment