Monday, May 18, 2020

Follow God's Lead


S - Scripture     
Matthew   4  v. 1  Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil.   



O - Observation              
There's two key points in this verse. One, being obedient to the Spirit of God. Who knows what he has planned, Although we know God’s intent based upon Jeremiah 29 v. 11, "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for Welfare and NOT evil, to give you a future and a hope."  When we don't follow the Spirit we are missing out. Two, following the Spirit might not take you down easy street. Hmmmm....  Fasting for 40 days, being tempted by the Devil. (Doesn't sound to easy to me!) Final thought, Revelations' 2 v. 7b  To him who conquers, I will grant to eat of the tree of life.    
    
A - Application           
Am I being obedient / following the Spirit of God?          

P - Prayer   
Jesus, Give me the courage to follow your lead. Help me to recognize where you lead me.   Love Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment