Monday, May 25, 2020

Reflect on the Importance of Jesus Life


S - Scripture     
Matthew   5 v.  17  Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them.   
O - Observation        
This is great insight into Jesus mission on earth. Its one we tend to gloss over the Biggie, dying on the cross AND RISING for our sins. But also, day in and day out, Jesus came to lead a perfect life. They say character is what you do when no ones around. Such was the case when Jesus was on earth. He was perfect. He was perfect for our sake. By him being perfect and blameless, truly set him up to be the atoning sacrifice. In the old days, God didn't just want any old sheep. No he wanted them to sacrifice a spotless sheep. Such as it was for Jesus.  
    
A - Application
As I struggle with my sin, do I pause to give thanks to Jesus for being Perfect?  

P - Prayer   
Jesus,  Thank you for being blameless and fulfilling the Law for my sake. Love Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment