Tuesday, May 26, 2020

It's about your Heart work!


S - Scripture     
Matthew   5 v. 29  But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.      


O - Observation    
This is Jesus' clarification of the 6th commandment, "You shall not commit Adultery." Jesus ratchets it up a notch, by not only saying what you do, but what you think. This insight can easily be applied to the other commandments. In the end, its all about the heart work. Jesus knew this, he says in Matthew 15 v. 18 But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles, (I'll add defines) a man. Praise be to God that Jesus came to fulfill the law, especially given his clarification for you. Impressive. Glorious!!!
    
A - Application
How's my Heart work?  

P - Prayer   
Jesus,   Give me clean hands, give me a pure heart!!  Love Will.

Photo by Jeriden Villegas on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment