Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Be more than meets the eye!


S - Scripture     
Matthew  3 v. 4 Now John wore a garment of camel's hair, and a leather girdle around his waist; and his food was locust and wild honey.     

O - Observation            
Isn't it interesting that Matthew took the time to describe John's clothes and what he ate, but not the man himself? I believe that God led Matthew to do this, because it shows that His glory rests in the heart, (deeds, actions, thoughts) vs. what is seen. Why would people flock to see John the Baptist, since he wasn't an "it" guy from the world's view? Quite simply, because there was more to the man than his appearance. 
    
A - Application         
Is there more to me than how I appear and dress?       

P - Prayer   
Jesus,  Help me to be much deeper than how I look. Love Will.

Photo by Jude Beck on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment