Friday, May 15, 2020

Remember your Baptism


S - Scripture     
Matthew  3 v. 11  I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with Fire.         

O - Observation              
John the Baptizer of course was talking about Jesus. Its interesting to note that man baptizes with water and God with the Holy Spirit and Fire. Its also interesting to note, the Bible doesn't record Jesus doing any baptizing with the Holy Spirit on Earth. However, Pentecost is truly when the Holy Spirit came and tongues of flames occurred. As I think about today, we are baptized with water and the Holy Spirit and... perhaps we are baptized with fire with the troubles we face. We remember our baptism when we call upon Jesus in the time of trouble, and he delivers us.  
    
A - Application          
Am I  thankful for my baptism?        

P - Prayer   
Jesus, Come into my life, fill me with you presence.   Love Will.

Image by biglinker from Pixabay 

No comments:

Post a Comment