Saturday, May 2, 2020

You are a Link in the Chain


S - Scripture     
Matthew 1 v.  17  So all the generations from Abraham to David were 14 generations, and from David to the deportation to Babylon 14 generations , and from the deportation to Babylon to the Christ, 14 generations.     

O - Observation              
The bible is ripe with significant numbers. 3 is one of them. In this case, there are 3 sets of 14. However 14 is not one of the significant numbers. Hmmmm. Curiously, how many generations since Jesus? Assuming every 40 years there is another generation, then 2008/ 40 = ~ 50. Not sure what that means but OK. The other thing is there is a wide fluctuation in generations on God fearing men. Some great hero's , some not so great. 
  
A - Application            
 What am I doing to ensure that my genealogy, my future generations believe in Jesus? 3rd John 1 v. 4 says it all. "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my children follow the truth." 

P - Prayer  
Jesus,   Help me, bless me that my Genealogy reflects you in our lives. Love Will. 

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment