Saturday, May 9, 2020

Your decisions impact others


S - Scripture     
Matthew  2 v. 16  Then Herod, when he saw that the had been tricked by the wise men, was in a furious rage, and he sent and killed all the male children in Bethlehem and in all that region who were two years old or under, according to the time which he had ascertained from the wise men.    

O - Observation              
Earlier, in v. 12, the wise men were warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, but go another way home. Which they did. I always wondered what they thought when they heard about the mass genocide of babies in that region? Probably bitter sweet, their choice ultimately was... Do I sacrifice many to save one, in this case the Savoir of the World. By following God's will they caused ripples in society and history.
   
A - Application            
Am I aware of the ripples that I'm making? Are the ripples God led or self driven?  

P - Prayer  
Jesus, Help me to be a great stone that is thrown in a lake. Let me cause ripples in this world for you. Love Will.

Image by Arek Socha from Pixabay 

No comments:

Post a Comment