Saturday, July 4, 2020

Acknowledge Him

Acknowledge Him


Scripture:
Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

Observation: 
I believe that to acknowledge God means to know Him, trust Him, listen to Him, and seek His guidance in all we say and do. There was a time in my life where I was in over my head in a leadership position, probably always the case when I’ve been in leadership. I learned that when I was faced with a problem I couldn’t solve, I would go to bed, wait until Carol had fallen asleep and then have a serious prayer time with the Lord. I could then enjoy peaceful 
rest until about 4am. When I awoke, I would always know what I needed to do. I would get up and draft a plan of action to whoever needed to see it. You see, I was in over my head, but never over God’s Head! God created this earth, He can make our paths straight through any obstacle! He can move mountains!

Application: 
This weekend we celebrate our beloved country’s 244th anniversary! We are dealing with  difficult problems of disease and discord. However, as a Nation it seems we fail to acknowledge the God Who can solve our problems! If we would collectively humble ourselves, and seek His wisdom and face, if our elected and appointed officials would seek His direction rather than their agenda, our country could be healed!

Prayer: 
Father, God of all, we pray that Your Spirit would teach us as individuals, as a church, as a community and as a nation to prayerfully acknowledge You, and trust You to make our paths straight! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment