Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Call to Jesus when facing troubles

S - Scripture     
Matthew 11 v. 28  Come to me , all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

O - Observation    
Thankful for struggles. That's what this verse tells me. Jesus wants all who labor and are heavy laden - i.e. struggling, to come to him. He will give you rest. Coming to Jesus in a time of need is extremely comforting. It also really bonds you to God. Remember, God wants to have a relationship with us. He wants to hear your needs, your struggles, your triumphs.  Jesus gives me comfort and peace. If I didn't have these struggles, perhaps I wouldn't need God and begin to rely on myself. Ouch!!! That sounds like pride, and Self pride is detestable to God.

A - Application             
Am I trying to figure out my problems on my own or am I going to the source of ALL knowledge for answers? 


P - Prayer      
Jesus, Thanks for lifting the Burdens from my life.  Love Will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment