Thursday, July 30, 2020

Know what stains you - and how to clean it

S - Scripture     
Matthew 15 v. 11 Hear and Understand; not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man, but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.  

O - Observation    
Stained. Back in Jesus day, and even today, the Jews and other religions have food that is forbidden to eat. It’s from unclean animals. Participating in those foods stained a person. But Jesus makes it perfectly clear it’s what comes out that stains us. Not what we eat. Later on in v. 10, Jesus says, for out of the heart comes evil thoughts, murder, adultery, fornication, theft, false witness, slander. How true that is. Thank God for Jesus who washes our Stains away.  



A - Application  
Am I recognizing when I cause a stain? Am I praying to God to take my stains away?      

P - Prayer      
Jesus, Thank you for dying so that I may be stainless.  Love Will.  

Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment