Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Be ready for the unexpected

S - Scripture
Matthew 14 v. 25 And in the forth watch of the Night, he came to them, walking on the sea.
 
O – Observation
Unexpected. Jesus comes into our lives at unexpected times. In this case, the 4th watch was definitely during the graveyard shift. Most of the disciples were trying, I’m sure, to get some shut eye. Then Jesus came by walking on water. Now THAT’s unexpected. Think about our lives, or the lives of people we know, especially those that don’t know Jesus as their savior. He can come unexpectedly. But, if were watching, although surprised, we can react and be open to what he has planned for us. Just ask Peter. See Matthew 14 v. 26-33.

A – Application
Am I watching? Am I prepared for the unexpected?

P – Prayer
Jesus, Come to me when I’m ready or not. Love Will

Photo by James Eades on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment