Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Be Confusing for God

S - Scripture
Matthew 14 v. 2 and he (Herod) said to his servants, “This is John the Baptist, he has been raised from the dead; that is why these powers are at work in him.

O – Observation
Confusion. That’s what this statement’s about. Herod couldn’t believe that there was another “Prophet”, that Jesus was even more influential than John the Baptist. Instead of seeing Jesus as he is, he thought that he was John – reincarnated. Confusion. He knew that couldn’t be true. But he didn’t know what to say. 1 Corinthians 1 v. 23, “But we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to the Jews and folly to the gentiles.”

A – Application
Am I adding to the world’s confusion? Am I doing this in word and actions?

P – Prayer
Jesus, Help me to be confusing to the world. Give me the opportunity to explain myself. Love Will

Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment