Thursday, July 23, 2020

Train to become a Martyr

S - Scripture
Matthew 14 v. 10 He (Herod) sent and had John beheaded in prison.


 
O – Observation
Martyrdom. John the Baptist was put in prison and killed because he spoke the truth. There are people today that are getting put in prison, beaten and killed in the name of Jesus, the Truth. What is their reward? Revelation 2 v. 10b, “Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.” Today. I can be a martyr, do I kill the things that I want to do, the things of this world? Living a life set aside for Jesus, is a form of Martyrdom since the world wants you to do the opposite.

A – Application
Am I training to become a martyr? Have I sacrificed/replaced the sinful things I do with a focus on Jesus?

P – Prayer
Jesus, Help me to be faithful unto death. Love Will

Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment