Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Be more than "booksmart"

S - Scripture     

Matthew  25 v. 3-4 For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them; but the wise took flask of oil with their lamp.    

 

O - Observation 

More. These verses remind me that we have to be more than just present. We need to bring, to have the juice, the oil to make it to the next step in life. Later on in this parable, the Bridegroom comes and the wise had the oil in the lamps to go meet the Bridegroom, and the foolish had to quickly go and buy some oil. By that time it was too late. The foolish missed the wedding feast. Its not enough just to recognize Jesus. Jesus says in Matthew 7:21; " Not everyone who says 'Lord, Lord' shall enter the Kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in Heaven."  We need more. It can't be casual, it needs to be a committed relationship with Jesus. That's the oil!!!

 

A - Application  

Am I bringing oil along with me wherever I go?         

 

P - Prayer      

Jesus, Help me to be 100% committed to you. Love Will.  

Image by keithwoodford from Pixabay 


No comments:

Post a Comment