Sunday, October 11, 2020

Look for opportunites to help

S - Scripture     

Matthew  25 v. 40  And then the King will answer them, 'Truly I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my Brethren, you did it to me.'     

 

O - Observation 

The recipient is NOT the recipient. That's what this verse is all about. In the previous verse, the King, Jesus will say I was Hungry, Thirsty, a Stranger, Naked, Sick and in prison and you came and took care of me. Which resulted in the obvious question - When did we see you Jesus in these events? Then comes Jesus' reply, today's verse. So because of our Love, we should be compelled to help people out. We need to recognize that our time given is to more than just the person receiving the gift. We need to recognize that God sees the small stuff. 2 Chronicles 16 v. 9; For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth.' He's aware what we do in public and in private. Remember, God LOVES a cheerful giver.

 

A - Application  

Have I helped anyone who was Hungry, thirsty, stranger, naked, sick or in prison lately or have I just been helping myself?         

 

P - Prayer      

Jesus, Give me the opportunities to help. Give me the spirit to - want to.  Love Will.  

Photo by Steve Knutson on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment