Monday, October 19, 2020

Go to God when we need to Fix the sins in our life

S - Scripture     

Matthew  27 v. 3  When Judas, his betrayer, saw that he was condemned, he repented and brought back the thirty pieces of Silver to the chief priests and the elders.   

 

O - Observation 

There's only one. That's what this verse is telling me. Judas recognized that he had sinned, done wrong, made a huge mistake. And this directly effected Jesus, the Son of God. So he went to the Chief Priests to try to fix it. Remember, there is no honor amongst thieves. They didn't care. Judas in the end, throws the money at them and hangs himself. I wonder what would have  happened if Judas would have approach Jesus for forgiveness instead of the Chief Priests? Would it have been a different story for Judas? Perhaps he would have not taken his life. Perhaps he would have been a great disciple? We need to repent to Jesus before we try to "fix" anything on our own devices. He is the only one that can remove our burdens and sins.

 


A - Application  

How do I handle things when I sin against God? BTW any sin, even the little ones are against Jesus. Do I go to Jesus for forgiveness, or do I try to fix them on my own?            

 

P - Prayer      

Jesus, Forgive me for all that I have done to you. Love Will.  

Photo by Joel Muniz on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment