Thursday, October 8, 2020

Get busy with the Gifts God has given you

S - Scripture     

Matthew  25 v. 21  His Master said to him, 'Well done good and faithful servant, you have been faithful over a little, I will set you over much; enter into the joy of your Master.' 

 

O - Observation 

Get busy. This is the second half of the parable that we started yesterday. Here we find the Master has come back from being gone and is checking in on his Servants. The one who he gave 5 talents to just told him he doubled his investment. Remember, Jesus is using parables to describe the kingdom of heaven. The obvious translation of this parable is one day we will have to give an account of our lives. STOP. Recognize doing good things DOESN'T earn your way to Heaven, only faith in Jesus. But, I do believe that as the parable says, what you have done with the Gifts God gives you will be rewarded. 

     

A - Application  

So.. what am I doing with the Gifts God has given me? Am I investing them in his work?          

 

P - Prayer      

Jesus, Help me to be as the servant. Help me to hear you say, 'Well done good and faithful Servant.'  Love Will.  

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay 


No comments:

Post a Comment