Tuesday, October 13, 2020

When your called - Just do it!!

S - Scripture     

Matthew  26 v. 10  But, Jesus aware of this, said to them, "Why do you trouble the woman? For she has done a beautiful thing to me."

    

O - Observation 

When you are called, just do it!! This is the part during Holy Week where a woman came and poured expensive ointment on Jesus' head. All the practical disciples were UN-Happy that she "wasted" the oil. She could have sold it for a large sum of money and given it to the poor. I'm guessing that the woman had to sacrifice quite a bit to purchase the ointment. But, she was called in her heart to do this, and to show her commitment and love for Jesus. Two things happened. One, she Blessed Jesus, "A beautiful thing to me" and two, Jesus blessed her. Verse 13, Jesus says that the whole world will know what she has done. Think about Abraham when he was called to sacrifice Isaac. He followed God's call and he was rewarded. Not only did he NOT have to sacrifice Isaac, but God blessed him as an anchor of his people.

 

A - Application  

When I feel like God is calling me - Am I doing it?          

 


P - Prayer      

Jesus, Where you go, I will go, I will follow!!  Love Will.  

Image by cgrape from Pixabay 


No comments:

Post a Comment