Sunday, October 18, 2020

You have to trust God's timing

S - Scripture     

Matthew  26 v. 63  But Jesus was silent, and the High Priest said to him, "I adjure you by the living God, tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God."  

 


O - Observation 

When its time. This verse speaks to me about God's perfect timing. Jesus was being "tried" by Caiaphas, the high priest. Many questions, comments, false testimonies were issued. But Jesus was silent. Interesting to note, he "sparred" with them earlier on in the week (See Matthew 21 & 22).  At this time he chose silence. I can learn a lot from this in my relationship with Jesus. There will be times when I feel like he's really talking to me. And there may be other times when it feels like silence. That's OK. It's God's (Jesus) perfect timing on when he speaks. We just need to remember, Matthew 28 v. 20; "Lo. I am with you always."

 

A - Application  

Do I get frustrated when it seems like God isn't listening or talking to me? Do I remind myself that he's with me always?           

 

P - Prayer      

Jesus, I trust your timing!!! Guide and lead me.  Love Will.  

Photo by Scott Umstattd on Unsplash

1 comment:

  1. Also a fulfillment of Isaiah 53:7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He did not open His mouth; Like a lamb that is led to slaughter, And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, So He did not open His mouth.

    ReplyDelete