Friday, October 16, 2020

Pray for wisdom and strength in tough times

S - Scripture     

Matthew  26 v.  39  And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; nether less, not as I will but as thou wilt."  

 

O - Observation 

Desperation. Jesus knew what was coming. He knew what earthly pain he was about to take. He knew that God the Father, would forsake him. He knew what unearthly pain he was about to take. He knew he was screwed!!! So instead of being bitter or angry or plotting how to get out of it, he approached his Heavenly father humbly, (face to the ground) and asked to be relieved of the events, but still had the trust and faith that God the Father knew best.

 


A - Application  

How am I handling my desperate times? Am I relying on my own devices, or am I approaching Jesus and my Heavenly Father for help?           

 

P - Prayer      

Jesus, Give me wisdom and strength in these tough times. Love Will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment