Saturday, January 9, 2021

Ask God to strengthen your faith

S – Scripture

Mark  9 v. 23-24 And Jesus said to him, “All things are possible to him who believes. Immediately the father of the child cried out, “I believe. Help my unbelief.”

 

O – Observation

This is from the account of a dad who’s son was demon possessed. He knew that Jesus could “cure” his son. Jesus says, Sure all things are possible, and the dad uttered the all time classic line. "I believe. Help my unbelief.” Man, if that isn’t true today. So often we know that God is there and will help, but its kind of textbook knowledge versus first hand. Thus the cry, I believe. Help my unbelief. The fact that you call to Him to help strengthen your faith is a reflection of your faith. Jesus says, ask and it will be given to you. Asking for help with unbelief – God will respond – in spades.

 


A – Application

Do I really believe all things are possible? Do I ask for my faith to be strengthened?

 

P – Prayer

Jesus, I believe. Help me with my unbelief.  Love Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment