Thursday, January 7, 2021

Be a good listener

S – Scripture

Mark 9 v. 7 And a cloud overshadowed them and a voice came out of the  cloud, “This is my beloved Son, listen to him.”

 

O – Observation

This is the voice of God that talked to Peter, James and John. They were privileged to see Jesus transfigured into his Glory. And, as any of us would have been, they were freaked out. So what does God do? First he calms everyone down, “This is my Son.” That lets them know a base foundation to grab on to. Then once calmness is there, He gives the command, “Listen to Him.” How can we listen to him today? First, Read the Bible, particularly, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Why is it so important to listen to him. It is because Faith comes by hearing the word of God.

 


A – Application

Am I being a good listener? I need to daily listen to him.

 

P – Prayer

Jesus, Help me to listen and understand what you have to say. Love Will

No comments:

Post a Comment