Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Don't be ashamed of the Gospel

S – Scripture

Mark 8 v. 38 For whosoever is ashamed of me and my words… of him the Son of Man (Jesus) also will be ashamed when he comes in the Glory of the Father with the Holy Angels.

 


O – Observation

This section of Jesus direct words, Mark 8 v. 34-38 has perhaps the strongest influence in my life. Verse 38 is the capstone. I believe that Jesus will come and judge everybody. I know it will be a terrifying event, except there will be this awesome moment when Jesus, God, the controller of my eternal destiny, the one that can put me in a place way better than I can image, or throw me in Hell (way worse than I can imagine) will look me in the eye and say, “I am NOT ashamed to call you one of mine. Come with me.” – JOY!!!

 

A – Application

Am I ashamed of God and his word at all times?

 

P – Prayer

Jesus,  Send your Holy Spirit into me. Strengthen me to never be ashamed of you. Make me bold. Love Will.

Image by Сергей Корчанов from Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment