Monday, January 11, 2021

Be a servant

S – Scripture

Mark 9 v. 35 And he said to them, “If any one would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all.”

 

O – Observation

As usual, God’s logic is illogical to the ways of a sin filled world. This was Jesus response to the disciples arguing amongst themselves who was the greatest among themselves. In todays world the most powerful/ influential are considered the greatest. There’s a fair amount of pride that comes with this position. But, God hates self pride. Thus he pushes us to be great by stripping our self pride away and humbling ourselves to be servants. Jesus said it is better to give than receive. The apostle Paul puts it well, “If I must boast – I will boast about God.”

 


A – Application

How’s my servanthood? Am I keeping my pride in check?

 

P – Prayer

Jesus, Help me to be a servant to all. Love Will

No comments:

Post a Comment