Monday, January 25, 2021

Learn the discipline of prayer

 S – Scripture

Mark 11 v. 24 “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe the you have received it, and it will be yours.”

 


O – Observation

Prayer. Jesus wants us to pray. To talk to him. He wants us to have a personal relationship with him. What he really wants is our hearts. When we pray, are we just rattling off the words? Sometimes its true when I say the Lords’ prayer in church. I’ve said it so many times, I can recite it while thinking about other things.  When that happens the heart work is going out the door. I find my best prayer time to be in the morning when no one is wake and it is quite. Then I can give my words and heart full focus to Jesus.

 

A – Application

How disciplined am I in having prayer time with God? Am I allowing my mind to wonder or do I focus?

 

P – Prayer

Jesus, Help me to be focused in my prayer time with you. Love Will

Image by Pexels from Pixabay 

No comments:

Post a Comment