Saturday, July 31, 2021

Be in God's word - Daily!!!

S - Scripture
Psalm 104 v. 34  May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the Lord.

O - Observation
Meditation. Webster defines meditate as to "clear your mind and enter into complete calm." I think Webster has this definition only half right, when I think of meditation for God. The calm part. Psalm 46 v. 10a, "Be STILL, and know that I am God, I am exalted among the nations, I am exulted in the earth." With life buzzing around at a 100 miles and hour, we need to pause, eliminate our distractions so we can focus. Unlike Webster, once we're still, we don't want to clear our mind, instead we want to fill it with God's word. We need to find a verse in the Bible and SOAP it, pray on it, think about how it can apply to your life. This  is the meditation that is pleasing to the Lord.
 
A - Application
Am I meditating? Is it pleasing to the Lord?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Let my meditation be pleasing to you.  Love Will









Photo by Rachel Strong on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment