Monday, July 5, 2021

Get God's Attention

S - Scripture
Psalm 86 v. 6 Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; hearken to my cry of supplication.

O - Observation
Getting God's attention. I find this verse interesting, in that its about getting the attention of God, because God is already very attentive to us. He already knows what's going on. But as I think about it, when I went to get someone's attention, I become very intentional in making sure the person has MY attention. I may grab them, I may look at them in the eye, I may call out there name. Notice, its all about the I. It’s all about my action towards this person. Thus, getting God's attention, is really about us focusing on God, us turning towards him, since he is already is there waiting for us. Hebrew 4 v. 16, "Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in the time of need."

A - Application
How do I get God's attention?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Give ear to my prayer, hearken to the cry of my request.  Love Will







Photo by Zac Durant on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment