Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Use God's Glue

S - Scripture
Psalm 86 v. 11 Teach me thy way O Lord, that I may walk in thy truth, unite my heart to fear thy name.

O - Observation
Unite. Webster defines unite as to join, come together. Proverbs 1 v. 7, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." So its interesting that this psalm talks about uniting, joining our hearts to wisdom. This is so critical, one can understand what God says. They can know the bible inside and out, but if they don't believe it, then its just an intellectual exercise. This Psalm is a great prayer. We want to be more than book smart! So how do we "join" our hearts to wisdom? What's the glue? Faith. Romans 10 v. 17, "So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes by the preaching of Christ." We get this glue by being in God's word daily, meditating on it, praying, asking for the Holy Spirit to come into our lives.

A - Application
So am I taking in the glue to joining my heart with wisdom?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Unite my heart to fear thy name.  Love Will







Photo by Scott Sanker on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment