Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Live your life with clean hands and heart

S - Scripture
Psalm 24 v. 4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully.

O - Observation
Its what I want. Clean hands, pure heart. This is the source of one of my favorite songs. It essentially sings this verse and subsequent verses. We sing this on the mission trips I go on. Its prep, a reminder, of why we are dong the things we do. We need to be motivated by a love for God, for Jesus. Give me clean hands, hands that don't toil for trouble, reach and grab trouble, but instead reaches for Godly things. Give me a pure heart, a heart that is driven for the glory of God and not myself. Finally, this is key, Let us NOT lift our souls to another. No my life, my entire being, my focus will be on Jesus.

A - Application
How clean and pure am I? Where is my focus?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Give us clean hands, give us pure hands, give us pure hearts, let us not lift our souls to another.  Love Will










Photo by Ben White on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment